Share and Enjoy
Welcome to my new “How to get a website“ blog. This is actually my very first post here, and I’m super excited to get things going! Previously, I’ve only had my online portfolio here, but I’ve decided to take the next step and teach others about making a website, through blogging. From here on out, I am going to tell you everything I know about creating websites, in the most simplest way possible. If you need to get a website up but have no idea what to do, you’re in the right place!
Ready, Set, Go!
It’s time to start fresh… re-invent myself and re-do this website. But there’s a reason why I didn’t just slap on a blog section into my existing one-page portfolio… this is not just a personal blog. It’s a “How to make a website” portal, where you will witness my most intimate, well-kept website creation methods and SECRETS. Hint: there’s no secret, just very obvious things that I want to share with you to help you and guide you through your website problems, dilemmas and technical issues.
But Mark Ammay, why did you use a premium WordPress theme for this website? I thought you knew how to make websites and stuff… why didn’t you make this site yourself, huh? Why should I believe you now?
– Hi Maria, thanks and great question. I definitely could have built this website from scratch by myself and spend a good chunk of my time… re-inventing the wheel. My goal is to prove that getting a website can be done, without having to do it from scratch. This not only saves time (resourcing out a premium WordPress theme), but it also allows me to use that time that I would have spent… on creating the real content I want delivered to you. That’s where I should be spending my time, not building a website from scratch just to prove I can.
I did however, modify this premium theme to make it do what I want. That is the advantage that I have, having the option to go into the code and modify the templates as I see fit. Whereas most would need to hire someone else to do the work, or deal with the default settings.
My Main Objectives:
I dedicate myself and this blog to providing the best content for you, and to spread my message to the masses. Up until now, I’ve been reaching out and teaching people one at a time, person-to-person. That’s great, but imagine how many times I have to teach the same thing over and over again? I love empowering individuals to take the next step. What better way to spread the word to the masses and reach out to many people, as opposed to just one? The internet is full of information. I’m not here to re-invent the wheel−I’m here to reveal it.
Here’s what I want to help YOU with:
- How to get a website (the good, the easy, and the FREE way)
- How to maintain that website
- How to look like you know what you’re doing, even though you don’t (or how to not look stupid)
I don’t want to just tell you what you can do, I want to walk you through the process so you know exactly what you’re getting. I want to save you time, because let’s face it, you’ve got better things to do then to fiddle around with the technical aspects of a website!
But wait, there’s more:
- How to monetize your website (optional)
- How to dig deeper into customizing your website through code (optional)
- Sneak peek of the life of a professional web designer in the industry
You Must Implement Everything You Learn
In order for you to effectively get the most out of this website you must take what I’ve taught you and apply it. It’s not enough to just listen, you must learn and implement. If you want any results you must implement and adapt. Don’t half-ass a tutorial and expect things to work; okay I do this a lot because I think I know what I’m doing, but then I realize I didn’t so I have to re-read things over again. But in general, don’t half-ass things, or else you’ll get half-ass results.
I already told you that I’m going to teach everything I know about getting a website up, in the easiest way possible. So if ever you feel like you already know this stuff, by all means skip ahead! I’m not into preaching to the choir.
So with all this said and done, thanks and let’s do this thang.
– Mark Ammay
Share and Enjoy